Subject: Re: Stop Internet Censorship!
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 00:14:09 -0500

On Mon, 11 Dec 1995 [email-masked] wrote:

> So..How is the Lightwave mailing list affected by this? 

The proposed legislation would force Internet Service Providers to 
strictly watch every bit of data that comes through their system for fear 
of some nudy pic falling into the hands of "children"...this means that 
small systems like garcia.com would probably drop mailing list support 
altogether because they just don't have the resources to scan every 
message that comes through their system.

One of the main reasons I love the Internet so much is because it's 
bringing the people of our planet together as a global community for the 
first time in history...right now we communicate on a daily (hourly?) 
basis with people from every corner of the globe...if one nation suddenly
started placing restrictions on what sort of data could pass through the 
Internet, it would seriously FUCK things up.
                             ^^^^

How soon before it becomes illegal for me to use THAT word because there 
might be children reading this message???

                                     -David Warner

P.S.  I guess I screwed up again by posting the original message on this
      list...the responses I'm getting are almost as bad as the ones I
      received from my 'Nazi Bullshit' message of a few months ago.  =(